3/31/09

Psalm 91

Life is not easy. I am learning this the hard way. But just because life is not easy does not mean life can't be good. In a way, the hardest times in life can be the best. God keeps knocking my feet out from under me so that I'm forced to fall back on Him. And finally, I am. I was reading last week in the Psalms, when I came across something I've probably read dozens of times. But this time it was different. I'll explain in a minute, but first...well, see what I'm talking about here. ( I mean it. Actually read it) It was like God took me by the shoulders and made me look at him and He said again what He's been saying all along (obviously, I'm paraphrasing Psalm 91 here):

"My precious child, I love you so much. When you rest in Me, you will find shelter in the best way possible. I am One you can trust, One in whom you can take refuge. Trust me, my child. I will save you from every evil imagined, every circumstance gone wrong. I will shield you and protect you and hold you close to My heart. I am faithful, and in that you can rejoice. You don't have to be afraid of things you don't understand, or of anyone who may ever try to hurt you. Things may go wrong around you, but you never have anyting to fear. If you will trust me and make Me your refuge, I will send my angels to take special care of you, they will lift you up and protect you. In Me, you will have the strength to overcome whatever befalls you. Because you love Me, I will rescue you. I will protect you, because you know me and do not hide the fact. When you call My name, I will always answer. I will be with you whatever trouble may come, and I will deliver you from it. I will lift you up. In Me you will be satisfied, in Me you have found salvation. Don't give up, Allie! I'm here. I'm not simply watching from above, or delegating the work. I'm here...I'm here. And I love you far beyond your imagination. Let me hold you, my child. Stop fighting and worrying and just trust Me. I love you...I love you so much..."

"He who dwells in the shadow of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust'..."

3 comments:

  1. Allie, my goodness, I love you to death! :) That is awesome that you're finding joy in a difficult circumstance! James 1:2-3, you've probably read it before, but I thought you might like to read it again. :) Allie, you have truly been/are an example to me and to I'm sure many others. I don't know what you're going through right now, but I will still pray for you. :) I love you!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..once again with the trust thing! GREAT post allie!! I keep forgetting that I dont have to have the weight of the world on my shoulders...God's here to help! and He WANTS me to call on Him and ask Him for the help I need!!
    you're aweseommeee Allie!! and I will definitely pray for you too :)
    LOVE you girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.I really needed that. Is this the Allie that I saw tonight? You are getting so mature, and I am challenged by your walk with God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete