1/31/10

Flibbertigibbet*

Chapstick has changed my life. Throughout the winter (and in Indiana/Michigan, that's about half the year), my personal Chapstick is a permanent resident of my pocket. Well, that's how it was last winter, and let me tell you it is amazing what moisturized lips can do for your self-esteem. But this year I went Chapstick-less for about two months when I lost my Chapstick, and--tragedy! My lips chapped. Fast. Don't worry too much though. I found a stick of Chapstick a few days ago and I am back on the road to soft, pain-free lips. So. Shout out to Chapstick!

It's January 31st, and I say it's about time! After possibly the longest January on record (sure, every January is 31 days, but measured length and low long something actually is are very different things, you know) February begins tomorrow! I know, I know. February? I'm excited about February? The thing is, I've developed this thing for new beginnings recently--new year, new clothes, new recipes, new month, who cares? It's new! And new things are adventures waiting to happen. So yes, February. But who knows? It might be the best February ever!

So far, I know 5 things about the state of Wisconsin:

  1. You can also call it "Dubya-Eye" (as in, W-I). usually I call it by this name, because let's face it, it's just more fun.
  2. They make cheese in Wisconsin. Cheese is cool. (Except not the spray-able kind, which really shouldn't be called cheese in my opinion.)
  3. It is cold. But so is Michigan, so that's ok.
  4. Four of my favorite people in the entire world live there! Yep, Osh Kosh (great name) has been blessed with a family that's all that and a loaf of the 'bread-of-life'. Auntie G, UJ, Wubi, Dwighterz...Dubya-Eye is a lucky state.
  5. In just 12 days, the state will be twice as lucky as four more of my favorite people and I make a visit! Between Mom, Linz, Luke, Lizzy and I, I doubt Wisconsin will ever be the same.

Yep. I like it already.

All right, that's three really random thoughts for you. Enjoy your Sunday!

*look it up!

4 comments:

  1. wait im confused about wisconsin....you dont live there do you??!??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no no no! Still Michiganders for the time being. We're just going to visit my cousins who do live there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed your blogs my dear! :) and I like the word "Flibbertigibbet" and yes, I looked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come visit your Wisconcitizen cousins!!!!!!! We will show you all the "hot spots" (aka: bars and pubs*)of Oshkosh. Bring your woolies cause it's cold up here!!!!!

    *by Dwighterz

    Aunt Gigi

    ReplyDelete